While analyzing the data or even just comparing it in Analytics, it becomes kinda tedious to compare each traffic source type to another. Me being the paid marketing guy, what I need is a view that separates Paid and Non-Paid traffic.
But Analytics doesn’t provide that view, we have paid, organic, direct, mobile and some other useless and not so useful ones too.
Here is what I use, to make a permanent view type:
- Go to the view segments list.
- Click the red +New Segment option.
- Under the Advanced;choose Conditions.
- Choose the options as shown in the image below
- Now in the filter, use the medium Regex, something like ^(cpc|ppc|cpa|cpm)$
- You can add more options like cpv or cpp or cps.
- And save it.
Your filter is ready to use, this sort of make the whole comparison and reconciliation thing pretty easy for the client.